During the 1920s and 1930s the Pigeon Lake community grew. People built houses, a school and a store and made a meager living – the soil not very fertile, being of the grey wooded variety characteristic of western Alberta. A community cemetery was located near the mission site. Descendants from the earliest lakeshore residents rest here: Métis traders, early homesteaders as well as more recent residents of the area.
The oldest stone marks the grave of John Gilbert, who lived from 1854 to 1928. The cemetery is maintained by volunteers of the Fisherton Cemetery Association.
President: Kevin Meaver (780) 985-3059
Treasurer: Joan Fryk (780) 436-0697
Saturday May 6th, 2017 at 9 am at the Sandholm Community Hall
Cemetery Clean Up will follow the AGM.